Saturday 21 November 2009

Words of Wisdom: Nicki Minaj -the new face of Rap...


"They're trying..........Could you give us a freaking break? I support all of the girls. Anybody doing something, I support you girls. And I think sometimes the girls think I don't support them or I don't want to see them succeed. Even when they say slick sh*t about Nicki Minaj, I'm still thinking, I wish you well. Because this is a movement, it's bigger than Nicki Minaj. It's just a movement and I want to be a part of something big. Pause." Nicki Minaj [The latest Queen of Rap, -putting sisterhood first,-about bloody time, me thinks!!!]

"I just have a lot of younger fans now and I didn't anticipate that when I came out. When the younger people started really following me I just wanted to be more responsible with what I said and did because I don't want young girls out here thinking that it's cool to be stupid or to be a hoe," she said. "That's not what I promote. I promote being a business savvy girly girl that likes to be witty and have fun and at the same time just balance a career. I want them to take that from Nicki Minaj and nothing else. So, I definitely did change it up on purpose. I've never been a raunchy overtly sexual person so I think that was just one facet of my personality that I showed early on but that's never been the entire person that I am." Nicki Minaj

No comments:

Post a Comment