Thursday 20 January 2011

I’m in the mood to dance…..so where better than Africa -the continent of HOT music. I’ve chosen my favourite African Artists, past and present….……..Enjoy

Kiss Your Hand by R2Bees featuring Wande Coal (Ghana/Nigeria)


**What can I say….R2Bees of Ghana -the best group in Africa and Wande Coal the hottest artist in Nigeria -right now, what’s not to Love?

‘I Need It’ by Tinny featuring Donaeo (Ghana)


***I still love this…….its probably the best collaboration I’ve heard thus far

Micko by Koffi Olomide (The Democratic Republic of Congo, Central Africa)


**Some nostalgia with the one and only Koffi Olomide (the king of hot African music as far as I’m concerned), This tune still sounds as sweet as ever. I hope someday this great originator of Africa music will truly be celebrated -he soo deserves it..xx


‘Djéssiminiéta’ by DJ Arafat (Ivory Coast, West Africa)


**The best Ivorian artist of all times....Big love to DJ Arafat xx

Tchoucou Tchoucou by DJ Kedjevara (Ivory Coast, West Africa)


**There was one special month -way back when I danced to this hot tune in: Belgium, the ghettos of Amsterdam, the night-clubs of Zurich and that Ivorian place in London……fabulous! Its unmistakably African and I lovesssss it. Gwaaan Africa…

Swagger Up by T-Wizzle featuring Quata and P Shaun (Ghana)


**I’ve had my beady eyes on Quata and his many incarnations over the years and T-Wizzle recently -so its good to see them together

‘Sous Sol’ for the Primus Advert by Werrason (Congo, Central Africa)


**Fabulous……..x

‘Obi ate meso bo’ by Daddy Lumba (Ghana)


**More nostalgia …sweet music from my childhood, I love this brother and send big blessings his way..x

‘Vulindlela’ by Brenda Fassie (South Africa)


The Late Brenda Fassie…..her music will live on for ever…..…R.I.P Mama Africa..

No comments:

Post a Comment