Monday 10 January 2011

South Sudan Rising .......

Emmanuel Jal


Alek Wek

Atong Arjok

Ataui Deng

Ajek Deng

As our people in south Sudan vote –in this unprecedented referendum (the votes are taking place from 9 January until 15 January 2011) on whether or not the region should remain a part of Greater Sudan or become independent –my prayers goes out to the masses, who have suffered for over 22 years in a civil war that has killed 2 million people. I want Independence sooo badly for Southern Sudan and pray for safe and peaceful voting, and no intimidation from north Sudan. I wonder, –will the present Sudanese president, Omar al-Bashir truly accept the results and will he ever be tried for genocide and war crimes against the people of Darfur?
P.s -I was only going to accompany this piece with a couple of photos of former war child, musician Emmanuel Jal –proberbly the most beautiful black man on the planet –but I though naaa I better celebrate our beautiful Sudanese sisters too…hehee xx

No comments:

Post a Comment