Thursday 6 August 2009

Words of Wisdom: Soulja Boy


"At 18 years, having grown up in the Mississippi Delta, I never thought my life would take me to where I am now...........All I thought I loved was music. I would die for that motherf*ckin music. But, once I got a record deal and all these people around me trying to tell me who to be, what to do and how to do it, I realized that I wasn't making music any more for the love. I got into this weird place where I began making music for the money...I thought money was gonna bring me happiness. And that is the farthest thing from the truth. Money f*cks you up...I know I might sound crazy, because a lot of you who are reading are probably like, I wish I had this ni**a's money. But, the truth is that money got me twisted. All I want to do is go back to making music for the love of it." Soulja Boy (Credit: Global Grind)

No comments:

Post a Comment