Thursday, 10 June 2010

The Dawn Of Dusk? Indian Vogue tries to celebrate darker skinned Indian models

I got some really funky emails this morning but thankfully –my mate Talib [known to me as Tals] sent me an email about two things; –firstly Indian Vogue latest cover via this link: http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/daily/100412-vogue-india-promotes-darkerskinned.aspx and a statement about Diane Abbott's race to labour leadership:
 
“Also, [I] love the fact that Diane Abbott has made it into the Labour leadership race. Yes. She. Can!”  Talib.Choudhry

I love my mate Talib, –he’s always -so on the ball and relevant. As for my views on Indian Vogue, –well I feel it’s a step in the right direction –but just doesn’t go far enough. The truth is, -most of my Indian friends are much darker than the models featured –and I’m thinking that’s the reality in India  –that most women [who are not bleaching] are much darker etc. And as for Diane Abbott –I’m really pleased and ‘Yes she can’. And how was your morning?

1 comment:

  1. BRITAIN IS DEAD, LONG LIVE ENGLAND?

    BNP (Black National Party)

    The BNP (Black National Party) has been created to expedite the work of the Race Equality Secret Service (RESS).

    The BNP (Black National Party) gets stronger as "STORMFRONT" gets weaker.

    http://raceequalitysecretservice.blogspot.com/2010/02/bnp-black-national-party.html

    ReplyDelete